lundi 18 janvier 2016

Girly TV-Shows

Cougar Town, The Royals and Pretty Little Liars
My opinion on some girly tv-shows
Hello !
I figured since I like Tv-shows, I'm gonna try to give you my opinion on 3 of them I recommend every two weeks, on Monday.  You'll see I'm really into "girly" tv-shows, so I hope you don't mind if you never see "Game of Thrones" on the list, but it's just really not my cup of tea (I get too attached to the characters to see them die one after the other. I actually cry like a baby when one actually dies, so...) 

Let's get started with 2 tv-shows I just discovered and one whose new season just started 


1. Cougar Town


I don't know why  (hum, maybe because it's the title of the show ?!) but I always assumed it actually was about a town full of cougars. I was always like "hum, might be fun" but never actually watched an episode. Then I told my friend I have no girly tv-show to watch anymore, and she advised me this...I'm finishing season 2 right now and I really like it ! 

Image of Cougar Town TV-Show

The "official" plot (which I found on the TV-Show time app) : Cougar Town follows the life of recent divorcée Jules Cobb. Jules runs a successful business, has the best friends, and a great son. But when it comes to relationships, she has a lot to learn. However, the more Jules puts herself back out there, the more she discovers that the only way to find yourself, is to let yourself go. After all, you only get one chance to experience your 20s. Even if it's when you're 40 something. 

How I would describe it : The story of a bunch of friends struggling with life and drinking a lot of wine, and who somehow has the ability to make a random life super fun. 

My opinion : It's full of jokes, of mockery (and self-mockery) and it makes you wonder why you actually take everything so seriously while you might be having fun right now. You may also end up a bit jealous of the great group of friends ;-) 

You'll like it if you've liked... How I Met Your Mother  

About the characters, we like...  - Ellie because she's mean and fun at the same time  - Jules because she's so kind and sensitive, but also a bit crazy  - Travis because he's the typical nerd mommy's son, but also the mature one - Laurie because she's crude and vulgar but has such a good heart  - Bobby because PENNY CAN



2. The Royals


I've been tempted by the app TV-Show Time because it was recommended on the "Gossip Girl" page. I like England, and I loved GG, so I gave it a shot. I had 1,5 season to catch and I was waiting for the new episode a few days later (should I mention it was during my exams ?). 

Image of The Royals TV-Show


The "official" plot (which I found on the TV-Show time app) : The series depicts the lives of a fictional monarchy in modern times where power is everything, limits do not exist, and trust is a luxury this family can’t afford.

How I would describe it : I guess the official plot is pretty good on this one. I would add that there is also a lot of love, sex, parties, friendship and amazing clothes. Oh, and death - but I won't spoil a thing !  

My opinion : I just love this show. The characters are so endearing, there is a lot of suspense, and all the things I love about a show : fashion, great "sub-stories" to the general one, complicated but touching relationships between the different characters... and even if the thing in general isn't so realistic (well, at least I hope so), it feels like we actually can understand what they feel and live. 

You'll like it if you've liked... I'm not so sure about Gossip Girl, but well, I don't see any other show that would actually match. I guess you might think of it as a mix between Gossip Girl (for the "money", "fashion" and the "pressure that goes with reputation"), Skins (for the "party hard" and the fact that Eleanore reminds a lot of Effy <3)  and Pretty Little Liars (for the suspense) 

About the characters, we like... 
- ELEANORE. Just watch the show, you'll understand why ! 
- The others are also pretty cool don't worry

2. Pretty Little Liars


I've been watching the show since the season two, which means a long time ago. I guess we can all agree that the last seasons are disappointing, especially for the Who-is-A thing (no spoiler). But well, I do actually still like it, even so I'm not as obsessed by it as I used to be.

It's very girly, but I know a lot of girls who have been watching the show with their boyfriend, because he enjoyed making crazy theories about who A is. My boyfriend actually did that with me, but he now refuses to watch the 5 years forward. 


The "official" plot (which I found on the TV-Show time app) : Based on the Pretty Little Liars series of young adult novels by Sara Shepard, the series follows the lives of four girls — Spencer, Hanna, Aria, and Emily — whose clique falls apart after the disappearance of their queen bee, Alison. One year later, they begin receiving messages from someone using the name "A" who threatens to expose their secrets — including long-hidden ones they thought only Alison knew. 

How I would describe it : A bunch of girls struggling with their own teenage life while looking for a harasser (who later turns into a murderer) and trying to stay alive. 

My opinion : It used to be my n°1 show, during a long-long time and I think it's still in my top5 because of how addictive it is while you watch it for the first time. The thing is, once you reach a certain moment, it becomes a bit..."too much" and the whole finding who-is-a is just disappointing. BUT it's still really cool, girly, and I do still really enjoy watching it (and let's face it, I'm also still looking forward for the new episodes ;-P) 

You'll like it if you've liked... The Lying Game (which was unfortunately cancelled). The books wee written by the same person (Sara Shepard), but they're nothing like the show. 

About the characters, we like... 
- Ali, for the mean queen B stuff (I really miss that) 
- Hanna (soooo funny and actually smarter than everyone think)
- The boys. In general.
- Spencer, because she actually manages to deal with everything and is such a motivation 
- Aria for the arty style and her super cool rocky outfits 
- Mona for the twisted manipulative brain and the fact that we can never figure out if she's in the nice or bad guys
- Emily because she shows the world homosexuality is super cool, and that pretty girls being lesbians actually exist. 



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire