lundi 25 janvier 2016

Girly TV-Shows

One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl and Sex and the City
My opinion on some girly tv-shows
Hello !

Here's the second post about girly TV-shows !  Today we're gonna talk about three TV-shows that are already over, but are still super awesome :-) ! 

1. One Tree Hill 


Here's a TV show I was watching while still in high school (meaning several years ago). I however think it's the kind of tv shows that are never out of date, because well, it's awesome :) ! 

My opinion on some girly tv-shows

The "official" plot (which I found on IMDB) : half-brothers Lucas and Nathan Scott trade between kinship and rivalry both on the basketball court and in the hearts of their friends in the small, but not so quiet town of Tree Hill, North Carolina.

How I would describe it : Follow the lives of high school (and then, later, adults) with a passion for basketball and the ability of making their lives full of drama. 

My opinion : I really liked this tv-show. I think it's one of the few who makes it so easy to recognize yourself. Ok, those people are really good looking and every one of them has a super-talent (basketball, drawing, music, etc...) & their parents somehow let them do whatever they want, BUT their lives are still close to ours : they go to school, none of them is perfect, and even if they look good they don't seem to be picked out of a fashion show. I also really liked the quotes, always beautiful and smart. 

You'll like it if you've liked... The O.C. 

About the characters, we like... 
- Brooke, because she's fun and more sensitive than she lets other people know. And also super competitive and a little crazy
- Haley, because she's the typical nerd at the beginning, but not so much afterwards.
- Nathan, because of the transformation...
- Debby, because she's so brave and such a good mom
- Ok, Lucas and Sawyer. I mean, sometimes they did actually made me cry, but they have such an ability of getting on my nerves...but let's face it : that's also why the show is so good ! 

2. Gossip Girl


This is my favourite tv show ever. I've already watched it several times but I never ever got bored. I have to mention that I've read (all) the books, and the story is TOTALLY different - but still freaking amazing.

My opinion on some girly tv-shows


The "official" plot (which I found on IMDB) : Privileged teens living on the Upper East Side of New York can hide no secret from the ruthless blogger who is always watching.

How I would describe it : that's more or less what the official plot says, but it's also so much more ! It's fun, fashionable, secretive and full of friendship, shame and drama. And of course money, popularity contests and sex. 

My opinion : This is the best girly tv show eveeer. It's totally for girls, don't even try to show it to your boyfriend because he'll hate it. But it's definitely the best show to watch while drinking tea - or wine or cocktails with your friends - and making yourself cute nailarts. But just please, don't watch it while you're sick, stuck in bed with pajamas and greasy hair because it will just make you feel awful (this show is full of people looking perfect even on a hangover) 

You'll like it if you've liked... a lot of shows can classify in the "if you've liked gossip girl you might like this one", but none is, according to me, totally comparable. I think the nearest one is 90210, it's kind of a "Gossip Girl in LA without Gossip Girl and without Blair so GG is still better but ok". Have I mentioned that this one is my favorite ? 

About the characters, we like... 
- Blair Waldorf, aka the best tv show character ever. And incidentally a freaking bitch. 
- Jenny Humphrey, for the rebellion 
- Chuck Bass. No comment needed on this one.
- Nate. Because Chace Crawford is hot. And also because he's the nice one here. 
- Serena, for the amazing outfits and the romance and the kindess and the drama
- Rufus Humphrey, because he's an amazing dad and because I have a thing for his story with Lily 

2. Sex and the City 


This show is probably the start of the girly-tv-shows type. And it's doing the job pretty well.

My opinion on some girly tv-shows

The "official" plot (which I found on IMDB) : Four female New Yorkers gossip about their sex-lives (or lack thereof) and find new ways to deal with being a woman in the 90s.  

How I would describe it : The best group of bff ever talking about sex, men, life with no bashfulness and living their lives like the independent but not perfect women they are. 

My opinion : this show is a perfect lesson for girls, talking about women who deal with themselves and accept who they are and the fact that they are free to do whatever they want as long as they're ready to wake up the next morning and walk with their heads up. All of them (except for Charlotte) have a carrier, an apartment, a passion and a life. Except for Samantha, they're looking for the man of their lives, but they're never desperate enough to stay with someone who isn't good for them, even so it means staying alone. I also like the little questioning about life at the beginning and the end of every episode, and the fact that Carrie has a thing for clothes and shoes. 

You'll like it if you've liked... Girls

About the characters, we like... 
- Carrie, because she's so imperfect it makes her so easy to love
- Samantha, for the liberated women she incarnates
- Miranda, the career woman
- Charlotte, the prudish woman who, at the end of the day, is not so prudish at all



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire